Real-time Monitoring System
We are in the process of developing real-time disaster information through monitoring, forecasting and warnings to potentially affected population, businesses and concerned disaster management institutions.
In this process we develop multiple sub-modules for real-time monitoring with Community Sourced data – An innovative model to address the data gaps in real-time monitoring and forecasting through community participation
- Rainfall monitoring
- Temperature/humidity monitoring
- River water level monitoring
- Reservoir monitoring
- Groundwater level monitoring
- Landslide monitoring
- Tidal level/sea condition monitoring
Community-Sourced Impact-based Flood Forecast System
We are in the process of setting up a web based real time decision support system to understand, monitor, project (forecast), warn and mitigate the impacts of floods in a pilot river basin in Kerala
We provide a platform for interaction and sharing of real time information across a river basin to understand and foresee the impacts of plausible extreme weather events or excessive reservoir releases under multiple user defined scenarios.
- Sourcing of information/ data from and by the communities helps in finer scale, real-time monitoring increasing the lead time for preparedness.
- Increases network intensity of weather and water monitoring sites improving the reliability of forecasts.
- Improves the efficiency of disaster preparedness and management mechanism and equips communities, stakeholders and decision makers to issue necessary prior warnings and to prepare (evacuation, rescue and relief) for multiple disaster scenarios to reduce the impacts.
Climate Data Portals
We develop downscaled climate data for various future emission scenarios based on multiple General Circulation Model outputs to assess the vulnerability of various sectors to changes in near, mid and far future climate.
Energy Saving Modules
Industry Specific Energy and Cost Saving tools
Developing web-based services to compare, grade and choose low-carbon, energy efficient and climate benign products to make responsible choices in day to day life